Known Issues - Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14291
- We continue to investigate an issue in which some Surface Pro 3, Surface Pro 4, and Surface Book devices experience a freeze or hang and all input such as keyboard/trackpad and touch do not work. The workaround is to hold down the power button to force the device to hard-reboot.
- Your PC may freeze when plugging in an Xbox One or Xbox 360 controller and other gamepads in this build.
- If you use Hyper-V and have a Virtual Switch configured for your network adapter, you may see an error indicator (red-colored “X”) for your network adapter in the notification area of your taskbar. The error indicator is incorrect and your network adapter should continue to work just fine.
- We are seeing reports of some apps such as QQ crashing. We are currently investigating, and this bug may also impact older apps such as Windows Live Mail and Expression Encoder 4.
- If you have Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Internet Security, or the Kaspersky Total Security Suite installed on your PC there is a known driver bug that prevents these programs from working as expected in builds from the Development Branch. We are partnering with Kaspersky to fix this issue for a future release, but at this time there are no known workarounds. While this issue is present, we recommend using Windows Defender or another third party anti-virus product of your choice to remain protected.
Here are a few known issues for Feedback Hub to take note of:
- We have removed the screenshot capture feature and instead allow you to upload screenshots via the upload screenshot button. Hint: use VOL + POWER UP on mobile to take a screenshot, and on PC use Windows key + Print screen.
- The Feedback Hub will crash if you submit feedback after you’ve launched the app using the hardware keys listed above.
- If you have previously pinned the Windows Feedback app to Start, you will notice it remains as a “dead tile”. We are fixing this in future builds. You can unpin and re-pin the new Feedback Hub app to Start.