Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Bug Bash #1 Begins!
Hello, Windows Insiders!
Our first Bug Bash for the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update has officially kicked off – running May 15th through to 11:59pm on Sunday May 21st. We’re asking Windows Insiders to start their bug bashing on the latest Insider Preview builds: Build 16193 for PC and Build 15213 for Mobile.
Here are some new things in the latest builds to bug bash and give feedback on:
- Use My People! Pin people to your taskbar. Send them Skype messages or emails!
- Try out the awesome new PDF Reader features in Microsoft Edge. You can now use Windows Ink on PDFs! Just use the “Make a Web Note” button.
- Try out the updated Photos app! Use Story Remix to create and share stories from your photos!
- Try out Windows Defender Application Guard (WDAG)! To turn WDAG on, open the “Turn Windows features on or off” menu and select the checkbox for Windows Defender Application Guard. Click OK and then restart your computer. Next, open Microsoft Edge and then click the Edge menu. You’ll see a new menu choice for “New Application Guard window.” NOTE: WDAG is only available in Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview builds.
- Try out the reimagined Magnifier Settings page via Settings > Ease of Access > Magnifier.
- Try out the new Cortana Settings page via Settings > Cortana.
- Try out reverting a VM. We’ve introducing automatic checkpoints so that you’ll always be able to undo a mistake in your virtual machine – you can now always revert to the last time you started a virtual machine.
- Elements of Fluent Design can be seen in the latest app updates for Photos, Groove Music, Movies & TV, Calculator, Maps, and People. Let us know what you think!
Be sure to also do all the new Quests we’ll be publishing in Feedback Hub for many of these new features and more!
On Thursday May 18th, we plan to hold two webcasts on our Windows Insider Beam Channel at the following times (90 minutes each):
- 10:00am – 11:30am (Pacific Time)
- 5:00pm – 6:30pm (Pacific Time)
We look forward to having you tune in!
START BUG BASHING!
Windows Insider Team