Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10586
Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10586 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. This build is really focused on bug fixes and general improvements. We’ve been loving this build in our internal rings as it is very fast and smooth, and makes a great daily driver.
Here are some things we have fixed:
- The issue where any audio playing (like music from Groove, or videos from the Movies & TV app) gets reduced by 75% for a period of time after a notification pops up from Action Center is fixed.
- Pressing the power button on your Surface Pro 3 should put your Surface Pro 3 to sleep instead of shutting it down.
- We fixed an issue reported by Windows Insiders where a disksnapshot.exe command prompt window would flash randomly.
- Windows should now remember your previous login type. For example, if you log in with a PIN - it will prompt you for a PIN next time instead of another type.
- We fixed an issue where Tab previews in Microsoft Edge were appearing as black if the page was not scrolled to the top, and web note clippings were also appearing as black.
- Small form-factor devices, like the Dell Venue 8 Pro, that boot with rotation or virtual mode screen size set larger than the physical screen size should no longer experience a bluescreen on upgrade.
- Apps and games should download from the Store more reliably.
- After upgrading from one Windows 10 Insider Preview build to another Insider Preview build, Skype messages and contacts will disappear from the Messaging + Skype app. You can get Skype messages and contacts back by navigating to “C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Messaging_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache” in File Explorer and deleting or renaming the “PrivateTransportId” file. After deleting or renaming that file, go to the Skype video app and sign out of Skype and sign back in.
- The Insider Hub might be gone after upgrading to this build. You can get Insider Hub back by going to Settings > System > Apps & features and clicking “Mange optional features”, choosing “Add a feature” and selecting Insider Hub.
Please use the Windows Feedback app to report any problems that you might encounter with this build, and remember to follow me on Twitter @gabeaul for preview build and Windows Insider Program announcements.