Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14385 for PC and Mobile
Hello my Windows Insiders!
Surprise! Today we are releasing Build 14385 for both PC and Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. But wait – it’s the weekend!? We’re churning out builds like crazy and this one has a few hundred bug fixes we wanted to get out to Insiders as quickly as possible to help validate scenarios to make sure we are together building the best possible product.
Improvements and fixes for PC
- You should no longer see a notification pop-up once a day saying that your Windows evaluation copy expires on 7/15/2016. I know this has caused a lot of you some angst so thank you for being patient.
- We have improved battery life for Surface devices.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Spotify sometimes crashing while playing music.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Google Chrome window being clipped on the top when maximized.
- We fixed an issue with Mobile Hotspot that could result the host device bug-checking (bluescreen) and rebooting if it was sharing on a 5GHz band and the connected device browsed to certain websites.
- We fixed an issue where the pin prompt shown when connecting to certain VPNs would display behind the other open windows.
- We fixed an issue resulting in LastPass and AdBlock extensions for Microsoft Edge not showing the expected context menu items or status information in subsequently opened Edge windows. We also fixed an issue where the current tab in Edge might hang after exiting Web Notes.
- Projecting to a PC auto-discoverability is off by default. To have your PC beacon so it can be discovered and you can project to it through the Connect quick action from a Continuum enabled phone or another PC, go to Settings > System > Projecting to this PC and set “Windows PCs and phones can project to this PC when you say it’s OK” to “Available everywhere” or “Available everywhere on secure networks”. You can also set other settings on this page to your preference.
Improvements and fixes for Mobile
- You can open PDFs in Microsoft Edge and use touch to interact with the PDF (such as scrolling, pan or zoom) again without it constantly reloading the PDF.
- We have improved battery life for older devices, such as the Lumia 830, 930, and 1520.
- We fixed an issue where setting the SIM name on a dual SIM phone would sometimes fail.
We're getting down to the wire on the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, team. Please install the build and send us your feedback. I can’t tell you how much I love being on the same team as you.
Thank you for your dedication and keep hustling,