Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15051 for Mobile
Hello Windows Insiders!
Today we are excited to be releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15051 for Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.
Other changes, improvements, and fixes for Mobile
- We appreciate several of you sending us feedback on this and last week, we focused on fixing issues that resulted in frequent reboots for some Insiders on Build 15047. If you continue to experience unexpected reboots, be sure to send in feedback to us via Feedback Hub so the team can take a look!
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain inbox apps, such as Calculator, Outlook Mail, Outlook Calendar, Groove Music, no longer being present on the system after a hard reset.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Groove Music not resuming playback after ending a phone call if the app became suspended during the call.
- We fixed an issue where periodically attaching larger photos to a message in Messaging wouldn’t work.
- We fixed an issue from recent flights where, in certain apps, if you had selected editable text and pressed Shift on the keyboard, the keyboard would crash.
- We fixed an issue impacting certain UWP apps using pivots, such as the News app, where the pivot control could end up becoming offset after quickly swiping through the pivots.
- We fixed an issue where asking Cortana to read a text message over Bluetooth with many back to back emoji would result in high pitched distorted noise.
- We fixed an issue where after upgrading some Insiders were unexpectedly seeing the full QWERTY keyboard on the lock screen instead of the pin pad.
Known issues for Mobile
- We have discovered a bug that causes background tasks to not run in the background like they should such as OneDrive’s camera roll sync feature. Please double check your photos have synced to OneDrive on the latest builds. We’ve got a fix for this issue coming in an upcoming build where background tasks will run again and your camera roll will sync to OneDrive as expected.
- If your device experiences an unexpected reboot, in some cases you may lose your call, text, and email history may be lost. We’re actively investigating this issue. If you believe you’ve hit this, please up-vote this feedback item In Feedback Hub.
- Speech packs may be unable to download on this build.
We are huge fans of wielding one’s technical superpowers for good and were incredibly happy to meet with Windows Insider Paula Aliu, the CEO of Cogno-Aid in Nigeria. Cogno-Aid is a business that aims to connect people to licensed therapists from the comfort of their safe place, step one of removing the stigma of mental health care.
Paula was a Computer Science student who was inspired to start this business after losing her college friend to suicide from a mental health disorder that no one was aware existed. Mental health is not something most Nigerians talk about openly. She decided to use her technical superpower to make Nigeria a more healthy place for all with her online business that she’s built using Windows.
We’re so incredibly proud of our global community of Windows Insiders and can’t wait to follow along on Paula’s journey as she launches her business to an even broader audience.
We love hearing your stories so if you have one to share, please get in touch with me on Twitter.
Keep hustling team and happy International Women’s Day,