Known Issues - Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14986 for PC
- Using keyboard monitor hotkeys to adjust brightness won’t work as expected. Desired brightness change could be done via the Action Center or by going to Settings > System > Display.
- You may see a popup “Catastrophic Error” dialog when opening OneDrive folders. If you do, the workaround is to open an elevated Command Prompt or PowerShell window and enter “attrib -O <path to OneDrive failure that resulted in the error dialog>”.
- We’re currently investigating reports that DirectAccess isn’t working for some Windows Insiders.
- When using Microsoft Edge with Narrator, you may hear “no item in view or silence when tabbing or using other navigation commands. You can use Alt + Tab when this happens to move focus away from and back to the Edge browser and then Narrator will read as expected.
- Hey Cortana, play <blah> on <AppName> doesn’t work immediately after installing the app. Wait 5 minutes for indexer to kick in and try again.
- Currently, the Windows Defender dashboard is primarily aimed at providing some minimal read-only status for Antivirus/Firewall, with some very limited functionality for interacting with the app. Here are some of the known issues with the dashboard to be aware of (not a comprehensive list):
- Doesn’t accurately roll up status of Pillars
- Doesn’t accurately show status when a 3P AV is on the machine.
- History is not yet available in the new app
- Advanced/Custom scans are not yet available in the new app
- Settings are not configurable through the new app
- Firewall control panel not launchable from new app
- Firewall settings are not configurable through the new app
Got feedback on this article? Let us know.