Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16275 for PC & Build 15245 for Mobile
Hello Windows Insiders!
Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16275 for PC to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring only (not Skip Ahead). Note that if you joined Skip Ahead and leave it to take this build, you will be unable to re-join Skip Ahead. As we mentioned in the blog post for our flight on Wednesday, we are now at the point of the development cycle for the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update where our focus is now on stabilization for release to the world. This means that we intend to release new builds to Insiders more quickly and that these builds will include mostly bug fixes. You’ll notice that this build includes a bunch of good bug fixes Insiders will enjoy.
NOTE: Some of the x64 versions of Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise for this build in languages such as EN-GB, FR-FR, DE-DE, RU-RU, PT-BR and several others are not yet published. We’re working to have these published shortly. UPDATE 8/28: All languages are available now except for PT-PT and PT-BR.
We are also releasing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 15245 to Insiders in the Fast ring.
Also – join us on Tuesday August 29th at 10am Pacific for our Engineering Systems webcast on our Mixer channel!
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue resulting in Asphalt 8 not accepting input in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue from recent flights where when Slideshow was enabled resuming from sleep a second time might place the Lock screen in a state where it couldn’t be dismissed without pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del.
- We fixed an issue that caused minimized per-monitor DPI aware windows to miss DPI changes and end up with a mix of DPI scaling upon restoring.
- We fixed an issue in XAML resulting in text animations appearing slightly blurry in the last flight until the animation had stopped (for example, when loading the main page of Settings).
- We fixed an issue resulting in progress wheels on certain websites in Microsoft Edge unexpectedly moving out of place during their rotation.
- We fixed an issue resulting in an unexpected change in mouse sensitivity in the last flight for PCs using non-default display scaling.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the taskbar being unexpectedly thick if you booted up the PC while plugged in to an external monitor with a different DPI.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for Mobile
- This build also includes all the improvements from KB4034674.
- We fixed an issue where the MTP service would sometimes crash when you disconnected your phone while a file transfer is in progress.
- We fixed a spin loop that was occasionally triggered by deleting a VPN profile.
- We fixed an issue where apps which call into the firewall (such as Microsoft Edge) have the potential of becoming deadlocked and the app hangs until you reboot your phone.
- We fixed an issue in the routing engine used by apps like Maps where the initial direction was always set to North which could result in unnecessary route segments.
- We fixed an issue where Silverlight apps that use GPS would either not start or crash.
- We fixed an issue where a non-default Messaging app (e.g. Skype) would crash with an Access Denied error when changing Download messages settings.
- We fixed an issue where the new Privacy Consent popup would block loading of apps which used the activity detection and pedometer sensors.
- We fixed an issue where turning on/off Reset Protection could cause the phone to reboot.
No downtime for Hustle-As-A-Service,